Some specific types of Housing Benefit claim are also exempt from the rules, which means the money can be paid to you or your agent. These include:
- Claims made before 7th April 2008
- Claims by tenants of Registered Social Landlords or Registered Housing Associations
- Claims on tenancies which started before 15 January 1989
- Claims on supported housing where the landlord is a registered social landlord, charity, or not-for-profit voluntary organisation that provides the tenant with care, support, or supervision
- Claims for hostel dwellers
- Claims for tenancies where we decide that a substantial part of the rent is for board and attendance.