Publication Scheme - What is it?
The publication scheme is a list of the
information that the Council publishes as part of its normal
business activities. This information is divided into 'classes of
The scheme means that the Council:
- publishes, or otherwise makes available, information listed in
classes of information.
- ensures this information can be easily found by members of the
- reviews and updates the information regularly.
- publishes any fees charged for access to information.
- makes the publication scheme available to the public.
The classes of information do not generally include:
- Information whose disclosure is prevented by
law, information exempt under the Freedom of Information Act,
or information otherwise protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available (for example,
If the information is not published on the website, we give
details of how you can obtain it.
Some information can only be seen in person. If so, we
provide contact details so you can arrange an appointment
to see the information.
You can obtain information that is not published under this
scheme by sending us a
Freedom of Information request.