Re-use of public sector information
The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 came into force on 1st July, 2005.
The Regulations are designed to allow re-use of public sector information for commercial purposes. Re-use means that the information can then be used for a purpose other than that for which it was originally produced.
We are not obliged to permit re-use of our documents.
The Regulations say that we have to:
- publish a list of documents which are available for re-use. This list is referred to as an Information Asset Register.
- provide a clear statement of the arrangements for re-use of our information
- clearly explain any applicable charges for re-use and any licence terms and conditions
- process applications for re-use in a timely, open and transparent manner and through fair, consistent and non-discriminatory processes
- establish a quick and easily accessible complaints system.
The Council's Policy on the Commercial Re-Use of Information is available here.
You can also find further guidance about the Regulations on the website of the Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI).