We regularly monitor our progress to check how our policies are being implemented and to measure our performance against targets. This makes us aware of changes that may be necessary when we come to review the policies in the future.
Five Year Housing Land Supply
The Council monitors the number of homes that are built each year to ensure that good progress is made towards achieving its house building targets in the Bromsgrove District Plan. A key part of this is the requirement to look forward at the anticipated supply of homes over a 5 year period, and compare it to the Council’s housing target over the same period. This is known as the five year housing land supply (5YHLS). The Council normally updates its 5 year supply each spring after the yearly monitoring site visits have been undertaken. The exception to this has been during the Examination period when the Inspector requested updated 5YHLS information for different time periods.
The most recent publication relates to the 2017/2018 monitoring period, which pre-dates the publication of the revised NPPF in July 2018. Therefore all NPPF references relate to the original 2012 publication. Following the publication of the Housing Delivery Test data in November 2018, this document will be amended accordingly.
- 5YHLS Report April 2018
- 5YHLS Appendices April 2018
- 5YHLS Report At 1st April 2017
- 5YHLS Appendices - 1st April 2017
- 5YHLS at 1st March 2016 (as part of Examination Hearing Statement)
- 5YHLS Report at 1st Jan 2015 (produced at the request of the Local Plan Inspector)
- 5YHLS Report at 1st April 2014
- 5YHLS Report at 1st April 2013
- 5YHLS Report at 1st April 2012
- 5YHLS Report at 1st April 2011
Housing Land Availability Reports
These reports collate data on housing land supply in Bromsgrove District. They bring together the planning permissions issued for new homes each year and following comprehensive site visits each spring, and calculate the number of homes that are either Under Construction or have been Completed. Analysis is included on the type of land where new homes have been built (location, brownfield/greenfield, density), the size of new dwellings and provision of affordable housing.
- 2015 Housing Land Availability Report
- 2014 Housing Land Availability Report
- 2013 Housing Land Availability Report
- 2012 Housing Land Availability Report
- 2011 Housing Land Availability Report
Employment Land Availability Reports
These reports collate data on employment land supply in Bromsgrove District. They monitor the planning permissions issued for employment land uses (B1, B2 and B8) each year and the status of sites with an outstanding planning permission to see if these have been built. It charts the overall employment land supply position in the district which is important to monitor against the target in the Bromsgrove District Plan.
Authority Monitoring Reports
Local Planning Authorities have a requirement to publish an Authority Monitoring Report (AMR) as set out in the 2011 Localism Act. The purpose of the AMR is to chart the progress of Local Plan documents within the Local Development Scheme, report on any activity in relation to the Duty to Cooperate and to monitor the effectiveness of the district’s planning policies.
Prior to 2013, the yearly monitoring reports were known as Annual Monitoring Reports. Older versions are included for reference
- Annual Monitoring Report 2014
- Annual Monitoring Report 2013
- Annual Monitoring Report 2012
- Annual Monitoring Report 2011
- Annual Monitoring Report 2010
- Annual Monitoring Report 2009
Town Centre Health Checks
These reports look at the health of Bromsgrove town centre, including the number of vacant units, the amount of pedestrian footfall and the range of uses on offer.