Report a Fraud against the Council
If you suspect someone is committing
fraud against the Council, claiming monies or services to which
they may not be entitled, please tell us about it. The information
you provide can remain anonymous.
Online form: http://www.bromsgrove.gov.uk/onlineforms/bdc-fraud-report.aspx
By phone: 01527 881221
By letter: :
Bromsgrove District Council,
The Council House,
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance on reporting Fraud
Please complete the on-line reporting
form as fully as you can.
When reporting a suspected fraud, please
provide as much information as possible, no matter how trivial you
think it may be. The more you can tell us the better chance
of a successful investigation we have.
Information about the person you are
reporting should include:-
- Personal Details of the person you suspect to
be committing fraud against the Council
- What type of fraud you think is being
- Any other information you feel is relevant
and useful, for example, potential witnesses, dates, times,
- Please tell us how you know the
- The information you provide to us is treated
- You do not have to provide us with your
details if you don’t want.
What happens when Fraud is reported
We look at every report we receive, we
- Decide if there is enough information to
start an investigation.
- Gather additional information about the
suspect(s) from a wide range of sources as the law allows
- The Corporate Anti-Fraud Team will then
investigate and establish the facts
- Where appropriate, action will be taken -
including possible criminal prosecutions.
If the investigators believe that the person
has committed an offence then that person may be invited to attend
a formal interview under caution.
Unfortunately we cannot comment on cases
under investigation. So if you report someone we will not be able
to update you on how the investigation is proceeding