Private Sector Housing
Welcome to the private sector housing pages of the
Local Authorities have an instrumental role in
ensuring that properties throughout the district are decent and
safe to live in. This can be achieved through several tools
available to the Authority in the form of advice, guidance,
assistance or enforcement.
Since transferring its social housing stock to
Bromsgrove District Housing Trust in 2004, Bromsgrove District
Council's Private Sector Team has the responsibility
to improve the availability and quality of private sector
housing ensuring that it is safe and accessible for occupants.
The Housing Act 2004 provides the Council with
a number of legislative tools which focus upon health and
safety. Intervention has a direct impact upon local health
targets, fuel poverty, the availability of safe and decent housing
and independent living.
- Information on the work being done to encourage empty properties
in the district to be returned to use
Tenants and Landlords
- Information of where landlords and tenants can access free
- Information on grant available to provide disabled facilities,
including eligibility and procedure.
in Multiple Occupation
- Information on the requirements and guidance available for people
who own or are aware of houses in multiple occupation.
Licensing of Mobile Homes
- Information on how the Mobile Home Parks are monitored and
regulated to ensure the safety of their residents
- Information on what advice and assistance is available to help
residents be more energy efficient in their homes.
- Information for private landlords, including council initiatives,
events and important information about managing your private rented
If you have any problems with any of the content of the pages
contained within, please contact us on email@example.com