Garden waste service
Our garden waste collections provide an easy way to get rid of your compostable garden waste. We provide you with a brown wheelie bin and empty it every 2 weeks during the growing season (9 months - usually March to November). You can find out when your collection day is here.
- The cost is £45 for 20 collections.
- You can pay for as many bins as you need.
- There is only one size of brown bin which is 240 litre.
- No concessions or part payments available.
- Refunds will only be made if requested prior to your first collection.
Things that can go in the brown bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Branches (up to 10cm diameter)
- Clippings and leaves
- Weeds, plants and flowers
Things that can't go in the brown bin:
- Kitchen waste, vegetables and fruit
- Any plastic, including bags and bin liners
- Turf, soil, rubble, concrete or stones
- Animal waste and bedding
Bin liners MUST not be used in your brown bin. The composting process takes 14 weeks and even biodegradable liners are not compatible.
Signing up, payments and cancellations
Due to high demand we are unable to offer the service for the rest of this year to new customers. Please contact us in January to sign up for 2019.
You can pay by the following methods:
- Direct debit - call us or download the direct debit form and return it to us
- On line - use your invoice details here
- Telephone - using the automated telephone facility
- Cheque - make the cheque payable to Bromsgrove District Council for the amount on the invoice. Please include your name, address, invoice number and telephone number on the back - here is our address.
- Visit us - at our customer service centre, here is our address and opening times.
Request a replacement bin
If your bin has gone missing please complete the online form here.
Tell us you're moving
We collect from your address, so if you're moving house please let us know so we can update our records. Here is our online form to notify us. You can take your brown bin with you when you move.