High hedge complaints

If a high hedge is affecting your ability to enjoy your property and you cannot come to an amicable solution with the hedge owner, we may be able to help as a last resort.

We cannot mediate or negotiate for you. Our role in high hedge disputes is simply to look at whether the hedge is adversely affecting enjoyment of your property.

If it is, a formal notice may be issued to the hedge owner setting out what they must do to the hedge to remedy the problem, and when they must do it by. If they don’t, they could face a fine of up to £1,000.

The national rules under which you can make a complaint are strict, and so we advise that you read the guidance provided by GOV.UK

Make a complaint

To make a complaint, you can contact us here

We strongly advise that you refer to the national guidance below first.

There is a charge of £200 or £500 for this service, depending on your ability to pay.