There are 12 conservation areas in Bromsgrove District, of which six are formally adopted with Character Appraisals and Management Plans. The Worcester And Birmingham Canal Conservation Area Appraisal and Management plan is currently being prepared.
Dodford Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan
The Cabinet at Bromsgrove District Council on the 5th December 2018 approved the Dodford Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan and its contents as a material consideration for planning purposes. In addition Cabinet approved two extensions to the Conservation Area, the Woodland Road extension and the Priory Road extension.
Bromsgrove District Conservation Areas
1. Alvechurch Conservation Area - designated November 1968
2. Barnt Green Conservation Area - designated December 2000
3. Belbroughton Conservation Area - designated 1969
Belbroughton CA - Appraisal and Management Plan - July 2012
4. Beoley Conservation Area - designated August 1980
Beoley CA - SUPERSEDED DRAFT Character Appraisal - June 2014
5. Bromsgrove Town Centre Conservation Area - designated 1968
Bromsgrove Town Centre CA - Character Appraisal - June 2011
6. Clent Conservation Area - designated March 1981
7. Dodford Conservation Area - designated August 1975
Dodford CA - DRAFT Character Appraisal - June 2014
8. Hagley Conservation Area - designated October 1987
Hagley CA - DRAFT Character Appraisal - June 2014
9. Hewell Grange CA - Character Appraisal - August 2010
Hewell Grange CA boundary map
10. Holy Cross Conservation Area - designated March 1981
11. St. John's CA - Character Appraisal - June 2011
12. Worcester & Birmingham Canal Conservation Area - designated June 1987
Work in Conservation Areas
Works in Conservation Areas may need planning permission, including on things that are normally permitted development in other locations. Find out further information here.