There are 12 conservation areas in Bromsgrove District, of which six are formally adopted with Character Appraisals and Management Plans.
Bromsgrove District Conservation Areas
1. Alvechurch Conservation Area - designated November 1968
2. Barnt Green Conservation Area - designated December 2000
3. Belbroughton CA - Appraisal and Management Plan - July 2012
4. Beoley CA - Character Appraisal and Management Plan - April 2017
5. Bromsgrove Town Centre Conservation Area - designated 1968
Bromsgrove Town Centre CA - Character Appraisal - June 2011
6. Clent Conservation Area - designated March 1981
7. Dodford CA - Character Appraisal and Management Plan - December 2018
8. Hagley Conservation Area - designated October 1987
Hagley CA - DRAFT Character Appraisal - June 2014
9. Hewell Grange CA - Character Appraisal - August 2010
Hewell Grange CA boundary map
10. Holy Cross Conservation Area - designated March 1981
11. St. John's CA - Character Appraisal - June 2011
12. Worcester & Birmingham Canal CA - Character Appraisal and Management Plan - January 2021
Work in Conservation Areas
Works in Conservation Areas may need planning permission, including on things that are normally permitted development in other locations. Find out further information here.
Here are our contact details regarding Conservation of the Historic Environment in Bromsgrove District.