Advertising on our website
Substantial traffic comes to this website: you are one of 175,482 unique users who make over a million page views every year.
If you would like to advertise with us contact us here with details of your marketing objectives and budget.
Why we advertise
We receive income from advertising on our website that helps us deliver and improve services to you.
We will accept adverts for most products and services. However we prohibit certain specific kinds of content that we consider to be unacceptable.
Council Advertising Network (CAN)
As part of the advertising system, we're working with the Council Advertising Network (CAN) to run an advertising service tailored for public sector organisations.
They enable us to create new revenue streams from advertising placed on our website, and allow us to manage and monitor the adverts without the burden of managing the infrastructure or selling advertising space.
By promoting adverts on our website, we're not in any way endorsing or recommending the advertisers' products or services, or any company or organisation.
Similarly, we don't accept any responsibility for errors, omissions, or for any consequences arising when visiting third party websites from the advertising links on our site.
The list of prohibited content is as follows. This list is not exhaustive, and may be changed at any time. For further information see Schedule C of The Internet Advertising Sales Houses (IASH) Code of Conduct.
We will not accept content that:
- Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive
- Facilitates illegal activity
- Is sexually explicit
- Promotes unlawful violence
- Is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation or disability
- Is misrepresentative
- Is about offensive weapons
- Infringes third party Intellectual Property Rights or publicity or privacy rights
- Includes application downloads
- Includes incentivised click based content where a user subsequently receives some reward or incentive for clicking
- Is unmoderated forums
- Is political content predominantly aimed at furthering the cause of any political party organised campaign or informal pressure group including without restriction comments and discussion on current affairs or news websites
- Engages in or promotes file-sharing, peer to peer, adware/spyware, pirating, or hacking, or any other viruses or contaminants etc
- Breaches any applicable laws or regulations including without limitation false or deceptive or comparative advertising laws, gaming and gambling laws, competitive laws and criminal laws
- Generates impressions in any manner that may be considered not to comply with applicable codes of industry good practice (e.g. generating impressions automatically).
Update your privacy preferences for the website
If you would like to update your privacy preferences or find out more, you can do so here.