Business Support Grant Privacy Notice
Business Support Grant Fund (BSGF) Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLG), Local Authority Discretionary Grant Fund (LADGF), Local Restriction Support Grant (LRSG) and Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Privacy Notice
Why we need your information and how we use it
The information the council collects is required for assessment of eligibility for BSGG, RHLG, LADGF, LRSG and ARG. We will use the information in order determine eligibility to receive grants. If you are not able to provide some or all of the information we may not be able to assess your entitlement for a grant award.
How long will we keep your information for?
Your information is retained in accordance with the Council’s retention and disposal schedule. We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary and in most cases this means we will remove data which is older than 6 years
Who your information will be shared with?
To fulfil our duty to assess entitlement to Business Support Grants we will share your information with other parties. The information you provide in your application will be shared with other departments within the council who have a legal basis for accessing the information.
We will also share information with the National Fraud Initiative and Government departments including the Cabinet Office, The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government for the purposes of preventing fraud and administering public funds.
The information that we share will include:
- The Applicant’s application information (including personal and supporting information) to external third parties for verification or assessment purposes
- The Applicant’s application information (including personal and supporting information) as it considered necessary to its funding partner Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy for reporting purposes. Such information may subsequently be shared with relevant central or local government departments always to UK Data Protection Legislation (meaning all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679), the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC (as updated by Directive 2009/136/EC) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended);
- The Applicant’s application information (including personal and supporting information) considered necessary to central government, local government departments or agencies or external research agency (under contract with the Council ) for research and assessment purposes e.g. Interim and End of Funding Reports;
- Personal information (in so far as it is not considered to be exempt) in response to requests received by the Council under Freedom of Information Laws, either subject to or without prior consultation with the Applicant at the Council’s sole discretion.
- The amount of any grant that we have paid to you and the details of any bank account into which a grant has been paid.
What is the legal process for collecting and processing this data?
The Council will be processing personal data to administer and award discretionary grant according to the following lawful basis:
- Article 6 (1) (e) GDPR ‘processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.’
We will process the information (including personal and supporting information):
- To assess the Applicant’s application for funding;
- To create statistical information for reporting purposes; and
- To respond to requests for information received by the Council from the media otherwise than under Freedom of Information Laws
How will my information be stored?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Will this information be used to make automated decisions about me?
Information provided using our on-line forms may be subject to automated processing.
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
No. Information is not transferred overseas.
More information regarding your rights, and how to complain can be found on the main privacy notice here