Accountancy and audit information
Accountancy services perform the following functions:
- Provide operational and strategic financial advice to both officers and members of the Council.
- Ensure that the Council’s financial system, procedures and statements are in accordance with statutory and professional best practice.
- Process all creditor payments for the Council, ensuring all payments are correct and made on time.
- Endeavour to recover all sundry debt that is owed to the Council in the most efficient, cost effective way possible.
- Ensure that the Council has in place the most appropriate and cost effective policies for insurance.
- Maximise the interest of investments achieved from both external and in-house treasury management of funds.
- Maximise the potential benefits from e-government and in particular e-procurement.
- Preparation of Statements of Accounts, and Summary Accounts
- Preparation of financial plans and budgets in consultation with stakeholders, ensuring resources are matched to the council's priorities.
Our in-house team of internal auditors provide a wide range of services. Our external audit services are provided by Grant Thornton.