Skip to content

Housing Benefit

You could get Housing Benefit to help pay your rent if you're on a low income, unemployed or claim benefits.

Housing Benefit is being replaced with Universal Credit so you can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if any of the following applies to your circumstances.

  • You live in supported, temporary or emergency accommodation.
  • You and your partner are both Pension Credit age.

If any of the above does not apply to you, you may beĀ eligible to claim Universal Credit.

If you are unsure what benefits you may be entitled to independent benefits calculators are available to estimate what benefits you might be able to claim, the amount and how your entitlement may be effected by household changes like starting work.

Make a claim for Housing Benefit

Any supporting evidence we need to assess your claim can be uploaded inside this form.

If you cannot apply online please contact the benefits team.