Skip to content

Challenging a Universal Credit decision

If you disagree with the decision about your Universal Credit claim, you can ask the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to change it. You’ll need to ask for mandatory reconsideration - this means the DWP will look at the decision again.

You need to contact them within 1 month of the date of the decision.

Further information is available via the Citizens Advice

Please note that we do not hold detailed information regarding Universal Credit claimants and will not be able to advise you as to why or why not a payment decision has been made.