Skip to content

Will Universal Credit affect me?

You will still need to claim Housing Benefit if you:

  • Live in supported or temporary accommodation
  • Are of pensionable age

Households of working age who claim in work or out of work benefits will be affected

This includes:

  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

If this applies to you and you want to make a new claim, you will need to apply for Universal Credit

Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support (previously Council Tax Benefit) is not included in Universal Credit so you will still need to apply to our Revenues and Benefits service separately for help paying your Council Tax bill. 

Please see our Council Tax Support section for more information.