Garden waste service
Our garden waste collections provide an easy way to get rid of your compostable garden waste. We provide you with a brown wheelie bin and empty it every 2 weeks during the growing season (9 months - usually March to November). You can find out when your collection day is here.
Invoices for 2019 collections are being sent out week commencing 7th January
- The cost is £45 for 20 collections.
- You can pay for as many bins as you need.
- There is only one size of brown bin which is 240 litre.
- No concessions or part payments available.
- Refunds will only be made if requested prior to your first collection.
Things that can go in the brown bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Branches (up to 10cm diameter)
- Clippings and leaves
- Weeds, plants and flowers
Things that can't go in the brown bin:
- Kitchen waste, vegetables and fruit
- Any plastic, including bags and bin liners
- Turf, soil, rubble, concrete or stones
- Animal waste and bedding
Bin liners MUST not be used in your brown bin. The composting process takes 14 weeks and even biodegradable liners are not compatible.
What happens to the garden waste once it is collected?
Once bulked up the waste is taken by Severn Waste Services to Hill and Moor composting facility near Pershore. The material is shredded and left to compost naturally in large rows. Once the process has fully completed the material is screened and is ready for use as a soil conditioner called Greengrow. You can find out more about the composting process and how to buy Greengrow here: http://www.severnwaste.com/composting/
Signing up, payments and cancellations
Invoices are being sent out week commencing 7th January for 2019 collections. Please wait for your invoice before making payment.
If you are set up to pay by direct debit you do not need to do anything, your invoice is for information only. Your direct debit will be taken on 1st March 2019.
If you would like to take up this service you will be required to set up a direct debit. Please call us or download the direct debit form as below.
You can pay by the following methods:
- Direct debit - call us or download the direct debit form and return it to us
- On line - use your invoice details here
- Telephone - using the automated telephone facility
- Cheque - make the cheque payable to Bromsgrove District Council for the amount on the invoice. Please include your name, address, invoice number and telephone number on the back - here is our address.
- Visit us - at our customer service centre, here is our address and opening times.
Request a replacement bin
For existing customer who require a replacement bin please complete the online form here.
Tell us you're moving
We collect from your address, so if you're moving house please let us know so we can update our records. Here is our online form to notify us. You can take your brown bin with you when you move.