Garden waste service
We haven't made any changes to the collection schedules so they will remain the same as last year. Garden waste collections commence week beginning 24th February or 2nd March depending on your schedule.
Our garden waste collections provide an easy way to get rid of your compostable garden waste. We provide you with a brown wheelie bin and empty it every 2 weeks during the growing season (9 months - usually March to November).
- The cost is £45 for 20 collections.
- You can pay for as many bins as you need.
- There is only one size of brown bin which is 240 litre.
- No concessions or part payments available.
- Refunds will only be made if requested prior to your first collection.
Things that can go in the brown bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Branches (up to 10cm diameter)
- Clippings and leaves
- Weeds, plants and flowers
Things that can't go in the brown bin:
- Kitchen waste, vegetables and fruit
- Any plastic, including bags and bin liners
- Turf, soil, rubble, concrete or stones
- Animal waste and bedding
Bin liners must not be used in your brown bin. The composting process takes 14 weeks and even biodegradable liners are not compatible.
What happens to the garden waste once it is collected?
Once bulked up the waste is taken by Severn Waste Services to Hill and Moor composting facility near Pershore. The material is shredded and left to compost naturally in large rows. Once the process has fully completed the material is screened and is ready for use as a soil conditioner called Greengrow. You can find out more about the composting process and how to buy Greengrow here: http://www.severnwaste.com/composting/
Signing up, payments and cancellations
If you pay by Direct Debit please be aware you will still receive an invoice but no action will be required. There is no increase in fee.
All new customers will be required to set up a direct debit. Please call us or download the direct debit form and return it to us
Existing customers who do not pay by Direct Debit can pay by the following methods:
- On line - use your invoice details here
- Telephone - using the automated telephone facility
- Cheque - make the cheque payable to Bromsgrove District Council for the amount on the invoice. Please include your name, address, invoice number and telephone number on the back - here is our address.
- Visit us - at our customer service centre, here is our address and opening times.
Request a replacement bin
For existing customer who require a replacement bin please complete the online form here.
Tell us you're moving
We collect from your address, so if you're moving house please let us know so we can update our records. Here is our online form to notify us. You can take your brown bin with you when you move.