Garden waste service
The service will be extended to a 12 month service with renewals due in February 2021.
The only dates that we will not be collecting are:
- Week commencing 21/12/2020
- Week commencing 28/12/2020
The service will resume week commencing 04/01/21 or 11/01/21 depending what sequence you are on and will run throughout the year. Remember the service runs Tuesday to Friday.
Please be aware the bin lookup will not reflect these changes at the current time but we are working on getting this changed.
Our garden waste collections provide an easy way to get rid of your compostable garden waste. We provide you with a brown wheelie bin and empty it every 2 weeks.
- The cost for the 2020 service is £45. Renewal of the service is due in February 2021.
- You can pay for as many bins as you need.
- There is only one size of brown bin which is 240 litre.
- No concessions or part payments available.
- Refunds will only be made if requested prior to your first collection.
Things that can go in the brown bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Branches (up to 10cm diameter)
- Clippings and leaves
- Weeds, plants and flowers
Things that can't go in the brown bin:
- Kitchen waste, vegetables and fruit
- Any plastic, including bags and bin liners
- Turf, soil, rubble, concrete or stones
- Animal waste and bedding
Bin liners must not be used in your brown bin. The composting process takes 14 weeks and even biodegradable liners are not compatible.
What happens to the garden waste once it is collected?
Once bulked up the waste is taken by Severn Waste Services to Hill and Moor composting facility near Pershore. The material is shredded and left to compost naturally in large rows. Once the process has fully completed the material is screened and is ready for use as a soil conditioner called Greengrow. You can find out more about the composting process and how to buy Greengrow here
To apply for the service please use our online application
For existing customers who
Tell us you are moving
We collect from your address, so if you're moving house please let us know so we can update our records. Here is our online form to notify us. You can take your brown bin with you when you move.