Skip to content

Getting licenses for certain activities

As event organiser you are responsible for ensuring any necessary licenses have been granted. Generally speaking, not many of the things that usually go on at small, private street parties and fêtes need a license. However please note:

  1. Raffles only need a licence if you sell tickets outside the event and/or the value of the prizes exceeds £500.
  2. Anyone preparing or serving food at an event, regardless of whether they are making a profit, must be properly registered as a food business.

Temporary Event Notices

Temporary event notices (TENs) are a way that you can get permission to sell alcohol or provide entertainment or late night refreshment on a temporary basis. You can find out more regarding this here.

View all our licensing requirements

Here are our licensing services.