Skip to main content

Street collections

A street collection is a means of collecting money from members of the public for the benefit of charitable or other similar purposes.

In order to be able to carry out a street collection in our District you will need to make an application to us for a permit.

Collections must be carried on in line with the Council's Policy on Street Collections, which can be found here:

Bromsgrove District Council Street Collection Policy

You should contact us first to see if the date on which you wish to carry out your collection is available. You can do this by emailing or by phoning 01905 822799.

Apply online

You can apply online for a permit via the GOV.UK website

Apply online

Apply by post

To apply by post for a permit you will need to complete the following form:

Application form

The form should then be returned to us at:

Licensing, Bromsgrove District Council, Parkside, Market Street, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8DA

There is no fee payable when applying for a street collection permit.

Will tacit consent apply?

No, it is in the public interest that we consider and processes all applications.

After the collection has taken place

After your collection has taken place you must provide confirmation of the amount of money you have collected and details of any expenses you have incurred as part of the collection. This must be done within one month of the collection taking place.

You can submit a return online via the GOV.UK website

Submit a return online

The street collection return form template can be downloaded here:

Collection return template

Feedback & Share