Cleansing Online Form Privacy Notice
What information do we collect?
- Personal information such as name, address, telephone number and email.
- Information relating to complaints or incidents so that we can resolve any issues or queries.
- Photographs and film images of individuals
- Evidence to form the basis of a prosecution for environmental offences such as fly tipping I.e. vehicle registration details
Why do we collect this information?
- To help us provide the cleansing services (litter picking, fly tip removal, emptying litter bins, environmental enforcement etc) required.
- To help us to investigate any queries or complaints you may have about the cleansing service.
- Administer Fixed Penalty Notices for offences such as littering, fly-tipping and fly-posting
- Investigate offences with a view to prosecuting for environmental offences
The legal basis for us to process your data is Legal Obligation: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Who has access to the information?
This information will be used by the staff working in Environmental Services. We may also share some of your information with partner organisations such as our Revenues Department, External Auditors and Regulators, our Legal Department or the Police. All information is kept confidential.
We won’t normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations.
Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
Is the information sent outside the EEA?
This information will not be transferred outside of the EEA.
How long is the information kept?
Information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for 6 years or to the end of the prosecution whichever is longer. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
Are any automated decisions made using this information?
No decisions around this information are made by automated means.