Parking Services Privacy Notice
Personal data held by Parking Services
In order to administer parking functions we may hold personal data upon you such as:
- Basic personal information such as address, telephone number, email address;
- Financial information
- Details about your vehicle and its location
Who is processing my data?
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. Wychavon District Council is the data controller for parking services within the Wychavon District. This parking service also provides support to Stratford-on-Avon District Council, Malvern Hills District Council, Redditch Borough Council, Bromsgrove District Council and Wyre Forest District Council, for these services we are the data processor on behalf of the authorities who remain the data controllers.
How will we use the Information we hold about you?
We will collect information about you (where applicable):
- To issue Resident Parking Permits, and administer the scheme
- To issue Car Park Season Tickets
- To issue Car Park Season Tickets for the over 65s
- To issue Penalty Charge Notices
- While considering appeals to Penalty Charge Notices
- To recover outstanding Penalty Charge Notices
- To process payments
Please be advised that Blue Badges are issued by Worcestershire County Council
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data is, It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and exercise of official authority as set out in the Traffic Management Act 2004
Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:
- Enforcement agents
- The DVLA
- Government agencies
- External auditors and regulators
- Traffic Enforcement Centre (Northampton County Court)
- Traffic Penalty Tribunal
- Chipside Limited (MiPermit), the system provider
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations.
Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
How long do we keep your records
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.