YES Energy Solutions
Bromsgrove District and Redditch Borough Council are working jointly with YES Energy Solutions to provide Energy Advice and Energy Efficiency Schemes in Bromsgrove District and Redditch Borough for the purpose of:
- Advice and assistance in relation to fuel poverty, energy efficiency and climate change.
- Quality, pre-assessed referral routes for energy-related installations and services and associated funding.
- Delivery of the Bromsgrove and Redditch Energy Efficiency Schemes in synergy with the core Energy Advice Service which use the Councils’ discretionary assistance funding to improve the energy efficiency of properties for homeowners in or at risk of fuel poverty.
- Development of a bespoke engagement and advice programme in relation to energy billing, meters, switching, debt, efficient use of domestic appliances and any other topics where there is an identified to be a need.
YES will be the Data Controller of any personal data collected in relation to service delivery, to provide energy advice and assistance and check eligibility for a scheme. Data will be collected via the YES freephone line, face to face at community events, via social media, email, through their website, or be referred via a third party, including the Council.
The Council will act as a Data Controller where it directly refers residents to YES and when it receives personal data from YES as part of the council’s role in authorising and administering grants.
The legal basis for the processing of the data under Service Delivery is Public Task or in the case of the grant scheme, fulfilment of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the taking of steps at the request of the data subject with view to entering into a contract
Health information is classed as ‘special category’ data, and is processed in accordance with Article 9(2)(a), ‘explicit consent’. If consent is withdrawn and eligibility cannot be determined, you may still be able to access other schemes or will be offered alternative help dependent upon what is available.
- Contact details
- Household information,
- Financial information
- Relevant health information
- Details of any third party support
When you enter into the contract, you can opt to consent to us processing your personal information for other specified purposes such as:
- Providing feedback to improve the service.
Where you agree to be contacted, the data will be kept until it is either overwritten or until you no longer agree to be kept informed. You can tell us by using the links below. If you chose not to consent to additional processing, this will not affect your rights. More information can be found here:
- YES Energy Solutions full Privacy Notice can be found here.
- The Council’s full Privacy Notice can be found here
You may exercise your rights with each of the controllers.
This information will be accessible by:
- Council departments - Climate Change, Housing Strategy & Finance.
- A contractor when a service user is referred under a Scheme for the installation of energy efficiency measures,
- Another agency when the service user is referred to a holistic service, e.g., referring a vulnerable adult without smoke detectors to the Fire Service for assistance.
Your data will be retained for:
|Data relating to ECO funding||In line with legal requirements of ECO scheme. Currently 31st March 2029|
|Data relating to council grant funding – Bromsgrove Energy Efficiency Scheme and Redditch Energy Efficiency Scheme.||
Date of last payment + 6 years
Limitation Act, 1980At end of contract this data should be returned to the council to keep for the remainder of the retention period.
|Other data relating to the contract||For the duration of the contract|
This information will not be shared/sold to any other service/organisation unless we have a duty to do so under law.
This data will not be transferred outside of the EEA.
No decisions around this data are made by automated means.