High Quality Design Supplementary Planning Document
The High Quality Design SPD provides guidance on the implementation of local planning policies in the Bromsgrove District Plan (BDP) and will be a material planning consideration in the determination of planning applications. Guidance is provided on a range of issues including:
- Layout and proposed development;
- Views and vistas;
- Ease of movement, connectivity and legibility;
- Designing out crime, including through 'Secured by Design';
- Private amenity space and public open space;
- Boundary treatments and landscaping;
- Lightning and noise impacts;
- Overlooking and space standards.
The SPD was adopted by the District Council on 26th June 2019 - download the adoption statement here.