Homes for Ukraine – move on funding
Guests preparing to move on from their sponsor or have moved into private rental accommodation can access one-off payments of up to £3,000 to £4,000 to help with their move.
The move on funding grant is available for Ukrainian households who are:
- Being hosted under the Homes for Ukraine scheme in Bromsgrove or Redditch
- Have been hosted in Bromsgrove or Redditch from their arrival on the scheme
- If your household has 1 to 2 guests, you canget up to £3,000
- If your household has 3 to 4 guests, you can get up to £3,500
- If your household has 5 guests or more, you can get up to £4,000/li>
The above funding is the maximum funding that can be claimed against what you have spent or need to spend to secure a property.
What funds can cover
- Holding deposit fee, rent deposit invoice or receipt (tenancy deposit scheme), and rent in advance (to be paid to the landlord)
- Furniture, other household items, and large appliances such as fridges and washing machines (receipts will need to be provided)
- Moving costs such as removal vans
- Initial bills for energy, water, and council tax
How to apply
An application form is included below, on return of the application form Kerry Roberts (Homes for Ukraine Housing Options Officer for Bromsgrove and Redditch) will go through the affordability criteria and request bank statements and a decision will be made if the grant will be made and the amount, this will be subject to your own financial circumstances.
A household can apply for access to the funds either at the point of trying to secure accommodation so these can be transferred direct to the landlord and/or in some cases for elements like furniture/white goods these can be claimed for after the event with proof of purchase. If the claim is being made after the event, this should be done within 12 weeks of the hosting arrangements coming to an end.
Please provide payee details (sort code, account number etc. as requested in Section 5 of the form) for the landlord. Please could you send all supporting documents (evidence) to the move-on email address, as detailed in the 'On completion of this form' guidance below.
Funds requested to be paid direct to you (as a guest) can be considered on a case-by-case basis and we ask you to mark on this form the reason why (Section 3, Question 18) to help with this assessment. Thank you.
Purpose of this application form
The purpose of this pro forma (form) is to provide necessary details of yourself and family members that are applying for the move on funding grant offered as part of the Bromsgrove and Redditch Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
How to complete this form
We ask that you complete the application form in English.
The questions that make up the application can be translated to Ukrainian and Russian however we do need the answers in English so that your application can be processed promptly.
On completion the application form
Please send the application and supporting evidence (as tick boxed/ checked off under question 24) to: Kerry.Roberts@bdht.co.uk with your full name (first name and surname, as detailed in this application form in section 1) as the subject of the email.
If you do not submit evidence, your application will take longer to process as the team will need to contact you to request.