We have all heard of that post-exercise buzz, being active is great for your physical health and fitness.
Evidence shows that exercise can also improve your mental wellbeing, lowering rates of depression and anxiety across all age groups. Being active doesn’t mean you need to spend hours in the gym, if that doesn't appeal to you.
Find physical activities that you enjoy and think about how to fit more of them into your daily life, for example;
- Take the stairs not the lift.
- Go for a walk at lunchtime.
- Walk into work - perhaps with a colleague – so you can ‘connect’ as well.
- Get off the bus one stop earlier than usual and walk the final part of your journey to work.
- Walk to someone’s desk instead of calling or emailing.
- Organise a work sporting activity
- Have a kick-about in a local park.
What sporting activity suits you?
If you would like to find out what sporting activity would suit you the most then visit NHS Choices What's Your Sport? to take the quiz to find out.