Skip to content

When you appeal

First we will look at your case again and make a new decision. We may:

  1. Not change the decision or
  2. Change the decision and pay you more benefit or
  3. Change the decision and pay you less benefit.

If you continue to disagree with our new decision, we will submit your case to the Social Security and Child Support Tribunal at the Ministry of Justice.

This Tribunal submission will include a summary of the facts, relevant law, and copies of supporting documents such as your application form, decision letters, and telephone records. We will send you a copy of this submission. We aim to do this within 28 days.

The Tribunal will then make a decision on your case.

If you disagree with the Tribunal’s decision you can ask for your case to be heard by the Upper Tribunal Administrative Appeals Chamber at the Ministry of Justice.