Skip to content

How we recover housing benefit overpayments

Housing benefit overpayments

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit we will deduct an amount each week from your ongoing benefit.

If you stop or have stopped getting Housing Benefit, we may invoice you.

If your landlord was paid your benefit, we may ask the landlord to repay us in certain circumstances.

Council tax support overpayments

We will send you a new Council Tax bill, which will include any money you have been overpaid.