Skip to content

Check your Council Tax band

Council Tax bands are based on how much a property was worth on:

  • 1 April 1991, for England and Scotland
  • 1 April 2003, for Wales

You can check your Council Tax band here at GOV.UK

You can challenge your Council Tax band if you think it is wrong. For properties in England and Wales, you submit your challenge to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA).

If the VOA makes a change to your banding then the council will automatically be notified and we will send you a revised bill. There is no need to contact us.