A very good range of houses and flats are available for rent from private landlords.
If you are on a low income, you may be entitled to claim benefits that will help you pay your rent.
To find homes that may be available to rent privately, try checking:
- Estate agents
- Local newspapers
- Letting agents in telephone directories like the Yellow Pages or Thomson Local Directory
- Private adverts in local shop windows or online
- Family and friends
Key questions to ask before you rent
- How much is the rent?
- How much is the council tax?
- What does the rent include?
- Is the rent weekly, monthly or every 4 weeks?
- Does the rent include the gas, electricity and water?
- Is furniture included?
- What condition is the building in?