Skip to content

How to check your home is licensed

All propertied that are registered as HMOs with the council are listed on the public register, this can be found here.

Advice for tenants

If you rent a property from a landlord that is convicted of failing to license that property as an HMO as required, the landlord may have to pay you back any rent you paid over the period that property should have been licensed, up to a maximum twelve months. You'd have to apply for this through the Residential Property Tribunal.

Need to contact us?

Here are our contact details