Skip to content

Penalty Charge Notices: appeals

You can formally object to the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice by appealing, if you feel that you have mitigating circumstances that you want to have considered.

You must appeal in writing.

If your appeal is rejected

In the event that the appeal is rejected, the registered owner/keeper can submit an appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal. They are an independent body and will consider the registered owner/keeper's comments and those offered by us before reaching a final decision on the appeal.

Here is full guidance on the enforcement and cancellation of Penalty Charge Notices.

Make an appeal

Appeal online here, or complete this appeal form and return it to the address at the bottom of the form.

Contact us

If you would like to contact us regarding appealing, here are our contact details.