Before you report a vehicle to us as abandoned please check if the vehicle is taxed on the DVLA's website here
If the vehicle is taxed we are unlikely to be able to do anything unless it is in a dangerous condition, however, you can report an untaxed vehicle that you’ve seen on a public road anonymously here at GOV.UK.
If the vehicle is seen to be dangerous or a possible health hazard to the public please ring us or call the police on 101
To know if a vehicle is abandoned at least two of the following criteria must apply:
- it has no registered keeper
- it is untaxed - check with the DVLA by clicking the link above, as vehicles no longer have to display a tax disc
- it is stationary for at least 6 weeks
- it is significantly damaged, run down or unroadworthy - with flat tyres, wheels removed or broken windows
- it is burnt out
- it has number plates missing
If the vehicle has meets two of the above criteria then you can report the vehicle as abandoned by filling out our online form.
If you have any enquiries regarding an abandoned caravan or trailer and wish to report this please complete the form.
Abandoned Vehicles, Retrieving a removed vehicle
If we have removed a vehicle that belongs to you please contact us within 2 months of us removing the vehicle.
You will have to pay a retrieval fee.