Skip to content

Land charges

Please note that as from the 1st April 2017 the Council will not accept payment by cheque. 

For BACS payments the information you require is:

Redditch Borough Council

Account Name: Redditch Borough Council Receipts

Sort code: 30 96 97

Account number: 00369020

Bromsgrove District Council

Account Name: Bromsgrove District Council General

Sort code: 40 15 07

Account number: 91131605

Please can you also put the property address as a reference on the payment superseded by LC i.e. LC20HIGHSTREET. Requests for searches can be emailed to us here are our contact details

or alternatively in the post with details of payment made.

Please ensure that all posted searches are sent to Land Charges, Legal Services, Town Hall, Walter Stranz Square, Redditch, B98 8AH – this will ensure there is no delay in processing Bromsgrove searches as we are a shared service based at the Town Hall in Redditch.

Standard full search

A standard full search is made of two parts:

  1. The Official Certificate of Search (form LLC1) for legal obligations in the Land Charge Register enforceable against the property and binding on successive owners, and
  2. The Required Enquiries of Local Authority (form CON29R) for planning history, building regulations, road schemes, proposed enforcement action, etc.

There are also an optional searches, Optional Enquiries of Local Authority (form CON29O), for public footpaths, highways, informal notices, common land etc. You'll need to pay a fee for each optional enquiry.

Personal searches

Planning information is available to view using public access web search which can be located at here

You will need a keyword, reference number, or single line of an address.  You can also search by postcode but not all submitted applications have a listed postcode. 

Registered Local Land Charge information only can be requested at our email address this can be found here

Building Regulations information for Bromsgrove District Council and Redditch Borough Council from 1st April 2002 to date is available using the public access web search which can be located at here (for both Councils).

Simply select “building control” from the search drop down box at the top of the page then enter the first line of the address.

Copy documents are only provided to property owners or their appointed agents upon written / email confirmation. Hard copy files are only retained for a minimum of 15 years form the date of application. Prior to this date there is no guarantee that copies will be available.

Any building regulations certificate or notices issued in respect of work carried under a competent person self-certified scheme - The Councils do not issue certificates or notices in respect of work carried out under a competent person self-certification scheme. 

If any such work has been carried out on site under such a scheme, the owner or occupier of the property should be asked to produce any such certificate.

Apply for searches

Complete and return the appropriate LLC1, CON29R or CON29O forms, together with payment, an Ordnance Survey plan clearly defining the outline of the site to be searched, and a copy of any written enquiries, to us at the address shown here. The forms are available under license from the Law Society and legal stationers.

Please allow 5-10 working days. For the fastest service, please use email.

Pay for your searches

  1. By BACS – details can be found on this page
  2. Pay for your searches over the telephone