Skip to main content

Event Application Guidance

Overview from the Council - Event Planning

Bromsgrove’s and Redditch’s programme of events is an important element to the District’s and Borough’s culture.

The events sector has been particularly hard-hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Now restrictions are being lifted the Industry is able to open up to offer an environment where people can gather together and enjoy cultural activities to promote a sense of unity. Subject to any new Government restrictions and Guidance)

We continue to work with colleagues from our Safety Advisory Group (Emergency Services, Police, Fire, Ambulance, Regulatory Services, Public Health) to create a safe approach to putting on events

We are keen to support event organisers to operate in our Parks and Civic Spaces and ask that you ensure any event planned is based on a robust risk assessment. This risk assessment needs to not only identify risks but importantly how will be mitigated safely.

Hold an outdoor event

Where you can hold an event on Council Land?

You can hold an event in a park or open space.


  • Arrow Valley Park
  • Morton Stanley Park

Town Centre 

  • Bandstand Area (Town Centre)
  • The Canopies (Undercover Market Area, Town Centre)


  • Sanders Park
  • St Chads Park, Rubery
  • The Birdbox
  • Town Centre Events Space (Top of High Street)

Other event locations to be reviewed on an individual basis

You must apply for permission and complete the initial Expression of Interest form. (please note that all applications require authorisation through a process and by applying to hold an event does NOT mean that the event has been granted permission. (See below for further guidance).

IMPORTANT:  The council reserve the right to cancel an event during the application process or during the event should Government Restrictions and Guidance change or control measures not be met.

What events you can hold?


  • Pop up restaurants or bars (take away service or seating outdoors)
  • A funfair or circus
  • Drive in or outdoor seated cinemas 
  • Performing arts activity
  • Community group activity 
  • Music Events
  • Street Parties
  • Religious occasions 

How to ask for Permission?

Please complete our Expression of Interest enquiry here. You will find more details regarding what happens next too.

Event licences

As well as applying for site permission, if you’re holding an event you must apply for any licences that you need, such as a:

As event organiser you are responsible for ensuring any necessary licenses have been granted. Generally speaking, not many of the things that usually go on at small, private street parties and fêtes need a license.

However please note:

  1. Raffles only need a licence if you sell tickets outside the event and/or the value of the prizes exceeds £500.
  2. Anyone preparing or serving food at an event, regardless of whether they are making a profit, must be properly registered as a food business.

Documents, fees and charges and Information

Flow Chart (Overview of Event Application Process)

The flow chart can be found here

 To Apply (non Outdoor Fitness)

 To Apply for Outdoor Fitness


Feedback & Share