Run an event
NOTE: We are currently reviewing our event process.
This will be monitored and can change frequently in line with Government guidance.
The council reserves the right to cancel events at short notice to meet the guidance requirements.
If you want to plan and run an event on our land, no matter the size of your event we can support you to do it.
As events can vary considerable in size and scale, ranging from a one day promotional stall to a large outdoor music festival, you may need extra help or be subject to extra requirements. If in doubt, please contact us.
We will make it as easy as possible for you while ensuring that your event does not cause any undue risks to public safety or impact on the community. You can apply to use our land using the form on this page.
We can also help you with boot-camps and out door fitness sessions, find out more here
Top tips for organising an event
- Read through the information on these pages before you do anything else
- Avoid delays by making sure any application forms are fully completed and signed
- Always get any necessary permissions before you advertise your event.
Additional things to consider as part of your application due to Covid-19
When booking council land for your event, please ensure all information and evidence is provided appropriate to the size of your event as requested in the application.
Also it is important to consider the size and location of the site, appropriate to the numbers of attendees anticipated, to ensure social distancing and management of crowds can be adhered to.
Things to consider as part of your application
- Risk assessments for covid and non covid (including social distancing and crowd management)
- Site plan (to show measurements and measures for social distancing)
- Event plan (to show breakdown of the event planning details)
- Public Liability
- First aid/medical information
Documents and Information
- Bromsgrove Fees And Charges
- Event Information Checklist
- Recreation application
- Safety Advisory Group advice
- Terms And Conditions
- West Midlands Region Ambulance Service – Initial Event Medical Specification Request
Road closures and other licenses
Here's how to apply to close a road.
As event organiser you are responsible for ensuring any licences you may need.