Skip to main content

Other exemptions

Some specific types of Housing Benefit claim are also exempt from the rules, which means the money can be paid to you or your agent. These include:

  1. Claims made before 7th April 2008
  2. Claims by tenants of Registered Social Landlords or Registered Housing Associations
  3. Claims on tenancies which started before 15 January 1989
  4. Claims on supported housing where the landlord is a registered social landlord, charity, or not-for-profit voluntary organisation that provides the tenant with care, support, or supervision
  5. Claims for hostel dwellers
  6. Claims for tenancies where we decide that a substantial part of the rent is for board and attendance.
Feedback & Share