Contact: Planning - Development Management

Team phone

01527 881770

Team email


Town Hall,
Walter Stranz Square,
B98 8AH

Planning appeals

If you don't agree with a decision we have made on a planning application or enforcement matter, or we do not make a decision within the set time limits, you can appeal.

Planning enforcement

If anyone carries out development without the required planning permission, or breaks conditions, a breach of planning law has occurred and we may take enforcement action.

Planning permission

Normally if you wish to develop land or buildings you will have to apply to us for planning permission. You can apply & submit you applications here and find out about Pre-application advice fees

Pre-Application Advice

We can help you by providing advice prior to you submitting a formal planning application.

Safety and demolitions

We can help you make sure your buildings are safe. And if you want to demolish a building, you'll need to let us know.

View and comment on applications

You can view and comment on planning applications and related documents here. You'll need a keyword, reference number, postcode or address line.

Work on listed buildings

If you want to do any kind of work on any part of a listed building you may need Listed Building Consent from us.