Alvechurch Neighbourhood Plan
Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Result
A referendum was held on the Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan on Thursday 10th January 2019. The referendum question asked the following : Do you want Bromsgrove District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Alvechurch Parish to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
A notice of the referendum result can be viewed here: Notice of Result
The Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan will now be taken to the District Council's Cabinet and Full Council meetings in February to recommend the neighbourhood plan is formally 'made'.
Examiner's Report, Decision Statement and Referendum
Following an independent examination of the Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan, the examiner's report was received by Bromsgrove District Council and Alvechurch Parish Council on the 7th November 2018. A modified version of the Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan will now proceed to referendum.
In addition to the Information Statement, the specified documents for the referendum period, in line with Regulation 4 of the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations 2012 and Regulation 18 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), can be viewed below:
- Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan - Examiner's Report 7 November 2018
- Bromsgrove District Council 'Regulation 18' Decision Statement
- Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan, as modified (appendices available on request)
- Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan - Summary of Regulation 16 Representations
- General Planning Information Statement
An independent examiner, Mr Robert Yuille, was appointed at the beginning of September 2018 to undertake an examination of the Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan. Correspondence for the examination period can be viewed below:
Regulation 16 Responses
Following submission to the District Council earlier in 2018, the Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan (APNP) was subject to a representation period from 28th June - 10th August 2018. A total of 17 representations were received by the District Council, each of which is available to view below:
Regulation 16 Representation Period
The Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan (APNP) has been submitted to Bromsgrove District Council and the District Council is satisfied the Neighbourhood Plan is in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended). The plan is therefore being publicised and representations are invited during the six week period as part of the Council's obligations under Regulation 16 of the above regulations.
The following documents have been submitted by Alvechurch Parish Council (the 'qualifying body') to Bromsgrove District Council:
- Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan 2011-30
- Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan - Consultation Statement
- Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan - Basic Conditions Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal of Alvechurch Neighbourhood Plan
- Alvechurch Parish Design Statement
In order to provide a clear representation(s) on the plan, it is preferred that you make your comments on this specific representation form (although other responses will be accepted). It is important to specify which part of the neighbourhood plan (by page and/or paragraph and/or policy number) you are commenting on.
SEA and HRA Screening Assessment
A screening assessment was undertaken in September 2015 to check if the emerging draft Neighbourhood Plan required a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) or a Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA). The three statutory consultees were consulted (Environment Agency, Historic England, and Natural England). The SEA and HRA screening assessment and the consultee responses can be viewed here:
- SEA and HRA Screening Assessment 2015
- Environment Agency Response to Screening Assessment
- Historic England Response to Screening Assessment
- Natural England Response to Screening Assessment
Bromsgrove District Council approved the designation of the parish of Alvechurch as a neighbourhood area in January 2013. This was in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012. The qualifying body was Alvechurch Parish Council.
Contact the Team
If you have any queries, please contact the Strategic Planning Team here are our contact details.
Where to view documents
Copies of the specified documents are available to view as printed versions at the following locations during the referendum period:
- Bromsgrove Library, Parkside, Bromsgrove, B61 8DA (Monday 9am-7pm, Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-4pm)
- Alvechurch Library, Birmingham Road, Alvechurch, B48 7TA (Monday-Tuesday 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm, Thursday 2pm-5pm, Friday 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm, and Saturday 10am-1pm and 2pm-4pm)
- Town Hall, Walter Stranz Square, Redditch, B98 8AH (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)