- Charging points
- Talk to us about your local electric car needs
- Grants and advice from government and industry
- Do councils dream of electric fleets?
- Our Ultra Low Emissions Vehicles Strategy
- Contact us
In the district
This will include the GeniePoint Rapid Charging Network, currently being installed.
GeniePoint Rapid Charging Network
An extension to the nationwide GeniePoint Network, with thirteen 50kW rapid chargers being installed across the district in Spring 2021.
- 100% renewable energy sourced from UK supply
- Contactless payment via debit or credit card
- No connection fee
- No membership needed
- Discounts and dedicated bays for Bromsgrove District registered taxi drivers
The Council successfully won funding for electric vehicle charging from the Governments' Ultra Low Emission Taxi Infrastructure Scheme.
No driveway to charge on?
We are planning to bid for funding to be able to provide chargers in our car parks in areas where people may not have their own drives to charge electric cars overnight.
If this applies to you and you let us know, we can include your potential needs in this work. Here’s how to get in touch.
Join the WhatsApp group
There is a WhatsApp group for North Worcestershire, administered by Midlands Energy Hub who are working with Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership. If you want to take part in the group contact Alex.Pearson@nottinghamcity.gov.uk.
Visit Go Ultra Low now to:
- See what electric cars are available on the market
- Calculate how much an electric car would cost you to buy and run – you might be surprised
- Find grants for installing electric car chargers at your home
- Find grants for installing electric car chargers at your business/workplace.
We are in the process of commissioning a study by the Energy Saving Trust that could advise on a plan for going electric with our future council fleet.
If you manage a fleet and want to know more about this, visit the Energy Saving Trust here.
Here is the strategy that underpins our local work on electric vehicles: the Bromsgrove District Council Ultra Low Emissions Vehicles Strategy.