Continued learning through life enhances self-esteem and encourages social interaction and a more active life.
The practice of setting goals, has been strongly associated with higher levels of wellbeing. Try something new, set a challenge you will enjoy achieving. Learning new things will make you more confident as well as being fun.
Learn a new skill
Why not learn something new today? Here are a few ideas, but the opportunities are endless:
- Rediscover an old interest, how about ‘Getting Back into Netball’
- Read a book, or why not set up a book club - visit your local library
- Research something you’ve always wondered about, how about your family history?
- Learn how to cook your favourite food
- Always wanted to be a rockstar? How about learning to play an instrument?