Council Tax support

There are three ways we may be able to support you with your Council Tax:

  1. Council Tax Support. If you are on a low income, you may be able to get support to pay up to 85% of your Council Tax (from the 1st of April 2019), or up to 100% if you are a pensioner.
  2. Council Tax Hardship Scheme. If you get Council Tax Support and can’t pay your Council Tax, you can apply for help under our hardship scheme.
  3. Second Adult Rebate. If you don’t live with a partner but you do live with someone on a low income who doesn’t pay you rent, you may be able to get support to pay your Council Tax. Please note that from April 1 2015, the Second Adult Rebate is not available to people of working age.
  4. Reclaim Council Tax Support For Universal Credit Customers.  If you have previously claimed Council Tax Support from Bromsgrove District Council AND you are claiming Universal Credit, you can find out more in the Apply section on this page.