Change of circumstances for housing benefits

If you are getting benefits and your address or other circumstances change, you must tell us straight away. This is so that you get the right amount of benefit and you are not breaking the law.

Warning Sign Tiny We are currently experiencing a high workload that's impacting on the time it's taking to process benefits.

Do not rely on anyone else to tell us about any changes to your circumstances, including the Jobcentre Plus, The Pension Service or your landlord. It is your responsibility to tell us. You might be committing benefit fraud if you choose not to report a change in circumstances.

If you get any other state benefit, you also need to tell Jobcentre Plus about any changes in your circumstances.

Please provide full details including the date the change occurred. You may need to provide proof of the change.

If your benefits are overpaid we will ask you to pay the money back.

Report a change in circumstances

Report changes online here. If you cannot complete this form online, please contact us.