Cost of living support
We know times are hard right now. On this page you will find links to support and advice that is new, that is already available from us, and that is available from a range of other agencies too, to support you with the cost of living.
Even if you don't claim any benefits you may be entitled to support you weren’t aware of, and not just monetary support, but good advice from legitimate sources you can trust.
You can also get more help from the Government's Help for Households campaign website.
Go here for updates on Household Support Fund PHASE 4.
Contact Act on Energy for support with energy bills, heating repairs and more, find out more here . For help with food and other household essentials, contact Citizens Advice Bromsgrove and Redditch, you can find out more here
- For utility bills and energy costs.
- Special support from the Government.
- Don't miss out on benefits you may be entitled to.
- If you have children.
- For other household costs like food and furniture.
- Housing advice.
- For medical costs.
- If you have debt concerns.
- Help for people aged 50 plus.
- Help for people under 25.
- General Health and Mental Wellbeing.
- Looking for a warm space?
- You may be eligible for help towards your energy bills, energy debt, boiler repairs and more through the 'energy' part of the Household Support Fund (delivered by Act on Energy).
- Check if you can get help with your energy bills or to top up your prepayment meter. You may also be eligible for benefits, grants and help offered by the government and energy suppliers.
- If you top up your energy prepayment meter at a shop or Post Office, make sure you have received your government discount vouchers.
- See if you are eligible for the Energy Bills Rebate Discretionary Scheme.
- Get real, free advice managing your utility bills like gas and electricity from the Bromsgrove Energy Advice Service (delivered by Act on Energy).
- Look at social tariff broadband and mobile phone offers.
- Check if you can get Severn Trent's support to pay your water bill.
- Check if you are eligible for a TV Licensing Simple Payment Plan.
- Warmer Worcestershire Network - Information available, includes reliable hints and tips on how to reduce your energy bills.
- Find out more about Cost of Living Payments from the Government. These are extra payments from and by the Government, to help with the cost of living if you're entitled to certain benefits or tax credits
- If you’re of working age, check you’re not missing out on any state benefits.
- If you’re of pension age, check if you can get pension credit.
- Check if you can get help to pay your Council Tax, through Council Tax Support and Council Tax discounts.
- For help with your rent, check if you can get housing benefit and a discretionary housing payment.
- For short term help in an emergency or due to an unexpected event see if you can get help from our Essential Living Fund.
- If you are sick or disabled, check if you can get any disability or sickness benefits.
- If you are a carer, check if you can get Carer’s Allowance.
- Browse the other services in the Money, education & skills section of our website, which are regularly updated.
- Check this other financial advice and support page.
- Check if you can get help with childcare costs, free school meals including holiday provisions and much more.
- Cut your food costs with advice from Love Food Hate Waste.
- See our Essential Living Fund for emergency help in a financial crisis.
- Help with food, furniture, foodbanks and household supplies.
- Apply to the 'immediate needs' part of the Household Support Fund (delivered by Citizens Advice Bromsgrove and Redditch).
If you are behind on your rent or mortgage, think you're going to get behind, you don't have to struggle in silence. Help and support is available.
- Rent or mortgage going up? Speak to money and debt advice services including at Citizens Advice.
- Check your housing options (delivered by BDHT), including if you think you may be at risk of homelessness.
- Check if you can get free prescriptions.
- Here is a range of debt advice and financial support services.
- Get help with general health and mental wellbeing.
- Get help if you have a disability.
- Your local library from Worcestershire Libraries can provide signposting and referral, along with internet/wiﬁ access.
- Contact the Bromsgrove Social Prescribing Team. Lots of things in life can make you feel unwell or overwhelmed. One in five people who visit their GP or health care professionals have problems that can't be solved with medical treatment. A Social Prescriber may be able to help.
- StreetLink - StreetLink exists to help end rough sleeping by enabling members of the public to connect people sleeping rough with local services that can support them
- Onside advocacy Onside advocacy offers help to people facing disadvantage to ensure they are treated fairly as equal citizens, with equal rights and have access to all the right services.
- Community Services Directory - Worcestershire - enables you to search for support or services in your area. You can also register your organisation to appear on the directory for Worcestershire residents to find you.
Many local organisations that have opened free, warm, welcoming spaces for the public over this winter have registered the details of their offer on the Warm Welcome Network so that anyone can search for local warm spaces in their area. All 21 libraries in the county are registered as a warm space. There is lots going on at libraries which offer free use of computers, free Wi-Fi, free events for all ages and much more. Additional information from Worcestershire County Council can be found here