Grey rubbish bin
The following items should go in your Grey rubbish bin because they can be accepted at landfill or energy from waste plants:
- Sanitary products. If you have medical waste that can go in your household bin you may be eligible for a larger bin.
- Animal litter & bedding
- Crisp packet
- Bread packets, biscuit wrapper, sweet wrappers & other plastic wrappers
- Triggers, pumps and sprays from plastic bottles
- Black Plastic
- Tissues & kitchen roll
- Food Waste, please take a look at: Lovefoodhatewaste
What happens next?
Once bulked up the waste is taken by Severn Waste Services to EnviRecover, Hartlebury (their Energy from Waste Facility EfW). This is burnt to create energy that is fed back into the National Grid.
You can find more information about the recovery process: http://www.severnwaste.com/recovery/
All the items below should not go in your Grey Rubbish Bin
The following items must not be put in your Grey rubbish bin as they are not accepted at landfill or energy from waste plants:
- Soil, bricks and building rubble
- Garden Waste
- LPG / Gas cylinders
- Hot ash
- Scrap metal
- Mobile phones and other small electronic gadgets
- Fluorescent tubes and low energy light bulbs
- Large quantities of liquid waste
- Cooking oil
To find out about disposing of these items please visit our page on your local Household Recycling Centre, which includes information about Residents Permits and Commercial Vehicle and Trailer (CVT) permits.