Skip to main content

Council Tax refund

You can request a refund to be paid into your bank account if your Council Tax account is in credit. This could happen if you have:

  • Overpaid
  • Moved out of the area
  • Been awarded a discount or exemption
  • Been awarded local council tax support
  • Had the band of your property reduced
  • Liable person has passed away

We will assess your request and will only refund if you do not owe any further amounts of council tax.  

We may also use any credit to reduce a housing benefit overpayment.  If we cannot issue you with a refund we will contact you.

To enable us to process this refund please complete our application here


Feedback & Share