Coronavirus update: Bowls season tickets are now available. For all our Coronavirus updates press here.
- Thank you for using our parks and open spaces safely
- The park
- Sanders Park Café
- What's On
- Getting here
- Contact us
Thank you for using our parks and open spaces safely. Stay safe, keep your distance.
When using play areas and equipment at this time, please note:
- Equipment is not sanitised – please wipe down before use
- Do not use if you have any Coronavirus symptoms
- Clean hands before & after
- Avoid if busy
- Supervising adults only, to maximise play space
- No food or drink
Sanders Park is Bromsgrove’s premier park and it attracts over 350,000 visitors per year.
Covering 16.3 hectares to the west of Bromsgrove, the park links the town to the countryside beyond. Together with the small valley of the Battlefield Brook that runs through it, has been an important green space for the town for centuries. It was formally opened as a park in 1968.
- Bowling green and tennis courts - here are the prices. To book a tennis court or the bowling green, please contact the café while the Information Office is closed. We hope to be able to offer bowling season tickets again soon but they are currently unavailable owing to Coronavirus
- Outdoor skate park
- Two Multi Use Games areas
- State of the art children's play area
- The Jubilee Bandstand
- Pavilion with café, seasonal Information Office, and toilets including disabled facilities
- Start point for the Royal Hunters' Walks. Three beautiful walks start in Sanders Park: the Hedgelayers' Walk is 5 miles, the Chartists' Walk is 8 miles and the Foresters' Walk is 12 miles. The walks were created in partnership with Worcestershire County Council many years ago.
- Sensory garden.
Barbecues are not permitted, except under certain circumstances - here's our full barbecue restriction notice.
Come along to the café in the beautiful grounds of Sanders Park. It's currently takeaway only with a socially-distanced one-way queuing system in place for your safety.
There's something to suit everyone, from hot panini to cold ice cream, breakfast to lunch, hot cappuccinos to cold bottled drinks.
Tennis and bowls bookings
Please note that due to Coronavirus all tennis and bowls must be booked through the café when it is open. Here are the prices. Please turn up to the café between 10am and 4pm to book and play. Please note that the café is only able to accept cash for tennis and bowls due to review of online booking systems, so please have the correct change available where possible. Please note you should bring your own bowls and adhere to the information on the Bowls bookings notice boards within the park and on this website.
Seasonal cafe opening hours
- Summer Season - 1st April to 30th September - 7 days per week - 10am to 4pm (usually 9.30am to 5.30pm, but this is currently reduced owing to Coronavirus)
- Winter Season - 1st October to 31st March - 4 days per week - 10:00am to 4:00pm except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Opening hours are subject to adverse weather.
Contact the café
We have a regular programme of events during the summer in the park, with an open air bandstand concert every Sunday and a family fun programme during the summer holidays. Find out more about these here.
There are also events at other times of year, as well as events organised by third parties. For a summary of the events held throughout the district, including Sanders Park, see here.
For fitness events and classes in the park, see the links at the bottom of this page.
Sanders Park is on Kidderminster Road, Bromsgrove B61 7JP.