Worcestershire Health Walks
The usual Worcestershire Health Walks activity as set out below is currently suspended, including group walks, social activities and other meetings.
Here's what it would normally look like when running:
Join us on fun walks around the borough led by trained volunteer walk leaders, or become a volunteer walk leader yourself!
• Accessible, sociable and welcoming to all
• Held over easy terrain and accessible to different abilities
• At least 10 mins and no longer than 90mins.
• Start at the same time and place
• Regular – weekly or monthly
• Local - easily accessible by foot or local public transport
For all walks meet at Sanders Park at 9.50am for 10.00 am start.
Car sharing is essential to ensure parking at start of walk
Monday walks begin from the pavilion, Friday walks from the car park.
Monday walks are various lengths from 1 – 3 miles, in and out of the park, on pavement and with no stiles.
Friday walks usually involve driving out into the countryside*, walking over fields, canal towpaths and wooded areas. There may be stiles to negotiate and muddy sections to walk through. Walks vary between 3 and 7 miles.
Please note: Passengers accepting lifts £2 contribution
WALKERS JOIN WALKS AT THEIR OWN RISK
Here are some local walking resources to help you to stay healthy and active:
- Royal Hunters' Walks starting at Sanders Park
- Walking for Health and Fitness (Lickey End)
- Worcestershire Countryside Circular Walks
- John Harris's Walking in England (Bromsgrove)
- Bromsgrove Ramblers
Our thanks to:
All Worcestershire Health Walks are led by volunteer walk leaders who make these walks possible, and extra funding from Natural England and the Worcestershire Walking Network help us provide this service.
For more information on local walks please visit the Worcestershire Health Walks website.