Strong and Steady Exercise Classes
This programme is currently on hold following a change in the Coronavirus guidelines, however, if you would like to join a class near to you in the new year please either register online, our registration form is below or call Hayley on 01527 881404 who will take your name and contact details and add you to the register.
The Strong and Steady Exercise programme is designed for people who feel unsteady on their feet or have had a fall. These classes aim to improve strength and balance, and they make people feel more confident when out and about. They could make the difference between remaining independent living too.
Any medical professional can refer into the class or if you feel that you would benefit from this type of targeted exercise you can complete a self referral form yourself. Once we receive the referral you will be invited to attend a session that is close to your home.
If you would like to join any of these classes or would like more information, in the first instance please complete the form below and someone will get in touch with you, or call Hayley on 01527 881404.
We want to support you to stay active during this difficult time..... here is a video of 6 key exercises that you can follow from home.
Please make sure that there are no trip hazards on the floor, that your clothing gives freedom of movement and that you have sensible shoes and a chair.
- Do you want to improve your balance and co-ordination?
- Do you want to increase your strength, mobility and flexibility?
- Do you want to improve your posture and stamina?
This scheme is supported by the NHS and is specifically designed to help people who have problems with strength and balance and who consider themselves to be at risk of falling.
This is what you can expect to do in class
- The instructor will guide you through some exercises to help with strength and balance.
- Each week the exercises will get a little bit harder, probably without you noticing
- As the weeks progress you will be taught how to get up from the floor should you have a fall
- At the end of each class there will be a little bit of relaxation and stretching
- Each class lasts for 1 hour
- We provide an exercise booklet so that you can exercise at home too
We cannot arrange transport for you but we do have the details of local community transport providers that may be able to help.
BURTS Bus call 01527 585893 www.burtrides.org.uk