As you are aware the situation has changed regarding how much time we are to spend outside and where we are allowed to visit. The allotments are all currently open and will remain so until we are advised otherwise. Travel to and from the allotments is permitted if due precautions are taken. Visiting the site constitutes your daily exercise set out by the government.
If there is an Association or community building on the site then this should not be re-opened until this level of isolation has been lifted.
Communal toilets on site are also now off limits for use by anyone. Do not use them under any circumstances.
We ask that all tenants visiting the site also bear the following in mind;
- Please keep your distance from other tenants to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current government guidelines about social distancing.
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder.
- Wash your hands before and after touching site gates, locks, water taps or other communal assets. Take a supply of either hand sanitiser or soap and water with you to the site for hand washing where these are not already available.
- The use of the sites is for allotment tenants only. No groups are allowed on site and only family members that live with the tenant can enter the site if the tenant is also present.
- Do not use water butts to wash hands or equipment. The water is for plant watering purposes only. Be careful not to contaminate butts with any soap or any other chemicals.
- Please stay on your plot and do not enter another plot under any circumstances.
We urge all our allotment holders to do what they can to their plots to help reduce the growth of weeds and grasses during this time that may overwhelm the plot if you are unable to visit for an extended period.
As a Council we will also face restrictions over the coming weeks as to what we are capable of doing in terms of maintenance and repairs that might be needed. We will try and rectify these issues when we can, but it might be necessary in the mean time for allotment associations to come up with short term solutions themselves.
For all our other Coronavirus updates, press here.
Allotments are a great way of keeping fit as well as giving you the chance to meet new friends and grow fresh produce!
You can rent one of our 440 allotment plots across eight sites. All sites have water.
- Things to consider
- Apply for an allotment
- Pay for your allotment
- List of allotment sites
- Allotment prices
- You must be resident in the district to rent an allotment from us
- You may also be able to rent an allotment off your local parish council
- If you've got a big load of allotment waste you can have it collected by our bulky waste collection service
- Existing customers are invoiced every October for the forthcoming year.
Please be advised that some of our sites have a waiting list.
You can find our prices below.
You will need to sign an allotment tenancy agreement with us to rent an allotment.
To apply please complete our online application
As a Local Authority we collect, hold and process information supplied by you in accordance with the Data Protection Act, to allow us to provide services effectively. You can find out more regarding this and our privacy notice here.
There are three ways you can pay for your allotment:
Press here to make debit or credit card payments online 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Press here to make debit or credit card payments over the telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Customer Service Centre
- Watt Close, Bromsgrove (behind Sanders Park)
- Stourbridge Road, Bromsgrove (next to the Princess of Wales Hospital)
- Newton Road, Aston Fields, Bromsgrove
- Stoke Road, Aston Fields, Bromsgrove
- Roundhill, Lickey End, Bromsgrove (Located off Staple Flats)
- Stoneybridge, Fairfields, (Located off Maderley Road)
- Pool Furlong, Clent.
- Rigby Lane Allotments, Aston Fields, Bromsgrove
Fees and charges for allotments 1st April 2019 - 31st March 2020
- Large plots (1/16 acre) are £49.40 a year
- Small Plots and any plot up to 1/32 acreage £34.60 a year
Prices include water.