Skip to main content

Drainage and sewerage

You as an owner/occupier are responsible for drains and sewers on your property, except where the drain is shared by more than one property.

Severn Trent Water Ltd is responsible for shared drains and sewers and those running outside property boundaries.

We only have responsibility for drains and sewers that we own. Here is a guide to reponsibility supplied by Severn Trent Water

A range of services are provided by the County Council on behalf of Bromsgrove District Council, these services include roads and drainage and flooding.

You can report issues on the highway to Worcestershire County Council on the county website here.

You can report pollution or nuisance from septic tanks, cesspools and private treatment plants to Worcestershire Regulatory Services (WRS) to be investigated.


Feedback & Share